- This event has passed.
Toronto’s Indigenous Waterways
September 11, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm| $25
You are invited to “Indigenous Waterways”, a full day event organized by the Toronto Green Community in partnership with First Story, Evergreen Brick Works and Sustainability Network, aiming to build connections and strengthen the capacity of Toronto’s diverse communities to take action by providing an indigenous approach on relating to and caring for our watersheds.
The day’s agenda will include:
– Keynote speaker Josephine Mandamin, Ojibwe Grandmother & Water Walker
– A Water Ceremony and traditional singing, dancing and drumming
– Panel presentations highlighting challenges facing our waterways and solutions-based initiatives
– A First Story Walk around the Evergreen Brick Works grounds
– A Community Canoe planting, Homegrown National Park, David Suzuki Foundation
…and a great opportunity for networking!
We hope you will join us to share and discover Indigenous knowledge, enjoy fun activities, make connections, explore Lost Rivers and find out how you can help build a blue-green city!
Tickets: $25.00 per person
Getting to the Brickworks: https://www.evergreen.ca/get-involved/evergreen-brick-works/visitor-info/getting-here/shuttle-bus/