The Growing to Give Garden
The Growing to Give Garden is coordinated by Seeds For Change (SFC), a grass-roots community organization creating healthier neighbourhoods through school and community gardens.
In 2011, SFC launched The Growing to Give Garden in partnership with the City of Vaughan’s Parks Operations & Forestry Department, Environmental Sustainability Office, Vaughan Fire & Rescue Service and the York Region Food Network.
Visits: Visitors are welcome to come to the garden on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-8:30 pm, or can contact us to arrange visits at other times.
The goals of the Garden are:
1) To provide engaging and enjoyable programming for local citizens and organizations in Vaughan who are interested in learning about how to grow food
2) To expand upon the firepeople’s ongoing and honorable efforts to donate non-perishable foods by donating fresh, local, organic produce for those community members in need.
3) To support the City of Vaughan’s sustainability efforts.
4) To build community and relationships through community gardening
5) To empower local students, youth and children to grow their own food and make healthier life choices.